IRRI SERVICE LABORATORIES
provides world class, efficient and integrated laboratory testing services and expertise
2. Submit a genotyping request
In order to provide you with quality and efficient laboratory services, a detailed Genotyping Service Request must be made across two (2) service providers: Breeding4Results (B4R) System and One Corporate System (OCS) Platform.
2.1 Raise the request on Breeding4Results (B4R) system
The B4R system a web-based platform designed to enhance and facilitate product development programs and information management for managing crop phenotypic studies. A comprehensive guide on how to navigate the platform can be found by accessing here. For this user guide, only the process of raising a request will be described.
3. On the left navigation menu of the dashboard, click Service requests.
2. Create a GSL service request
1. On the top left corner, click on Create to generate a new request.
After selecting a service, you will be redirected to a new page called Create Request, particularly the Basic tab. In the Create Request page, you will be tasked to complete four steps: (1) Provide Basic Information, (2) Add Samples, (3) Manage Samples, and (4) Review Request.
3. Provide basic information
From the Basic tab, you have to provide basic information about your request which will be used by GSL to reference your data later on.
1. Accomplish all fields marked with (*).
2. Click Save to be directed to the next tab - Add from lists.
4. Add samples
In the Add from lists tab, you will select the samples to be genotyped by either choosing from a pre-existing list or by creating a new list.
A. Add from a pre-existing list
1. In the List Type dropdown menu, choose the type of samples to be sent for genotyping - Plots or Seeds.
If you are sending seeds, create a seed list. If the samples are from an ongoing study, create a plot list for all plants under that study.
2. In the bottom section of the page, select which list of samples you want to add by ticking the box on the left side of the list.
3. Confirm your selection by clicking Next.
After selecting your list, you will be directed to the Manage Samples tab. Skip the information in Section B. Add a new list and move to 5. Manage uploaded samples for the next steps.
B. Add from a new list
Create a new list by clicking Create List +. This will redirect you to the My Lists page, particularly to its Basic tab. On this page, you can create your list through four steps: (1) provide basic information, (2) add items, (3) manage items, and (4) preview items.
Tip: If you cannot view the page properly, close the left navigation by either clicking on ←at the bottom of the left navigation menu or by pressing Alt+H.
Provide Basic Information
1. From the Basic info tab, provide information about your samples by accomplishing all mandatory fields marked with (*).
2. Click Next to save the information and to be directed to the next tab - Add items.
1. From the Add Items tab, you will see your list of studies and samples. Select the study you want to add by ticking the checkbox on the left and clicking on the upper right.
2. Once a pop-up appears, click Confirm > Done to proceed. If you want to include another study, click Add more.
You’ll then be directed to the Manage items tab.
1. From the Manage items tab, you can change the order of the samples and remove the unwanted ones.
Reorder: Click and hold the ═ beside the sample you want to move and drag it to the desired position.
Remove Duplicates: Tick the checkbox beside the Reorder column and click Remove Duplicates.
Remove Specific Samples: Tick the checkbox beside the sample you want to remove, and click Remove from List.
2. Once satisfied with your samples, click to be directed to the final tab - Preview.
1. From the Preview tab, review your new list and click .
2. Once you’ve created your list, return to the Create Request page by closing the browser tab for the My Lists page.
3. From the Add from Lists tab of the Create Request page, select your newly created list by ticking its checkbox.
4. Click Next to confirm your samples and be directed to the next tab - Manage Samples.
5. Manage the Uploaded Samples
From the Manage Samples tab, you can remove unwanted samples and/or update the number of samples.
1. Tick the checkbox of the samples you want to remove.
2. Click ⚙️ > Remove Item > Selected/All
Update the Number of Samples for a Single Plot
1. In the No. of Samples column, click on the underlined number.
2. Change it to the desired number of samples.
3. Click ✓ to save the changes or ⊘ to reset the value.
Bulk Update the Number of Samples for Selected Plots
1. Tick the boxes on the left side of plots whose samples you want to update.
2. In the upper right, click ⚙️> Update No. of Samples > Selected.
3. Once a pop-up appears, indicate the number of samples.
4. Click Confirm.
Bulk Update the Number of Samples for All Plots
1. In the upper right, click ⚙️> Update No. of Samples > All.
2. Once a pop-up appears, indicate the number of samples.
3. Click Confirm.
Once satisfied, click Next to be directed to the final tab - Review.
6. Review the request for submission
In the Review tab, review the request and take note of the Study Name. Send the request by clicking Accept > Confirm.
2.2 Purchase the request through One Corporate System (OCS)
1. Select the Service to Purchase
Each GSL Service has a unique product code that is used when purchasing through the One Corporate System (OCS). The table below contains the codes and fees for GSL services.
Note: Trait Genotyping (P142892) and 1k-RiCA (P142893) includes sampling and DNA extraction services in the package cost.
Tip: For special leaf or seed sampling requests, email email@example.com for details.